Monday, February 22, 2010

The last Monday of maternity leave...

I am sad. I thought I would be ready to go back to work... but oddly enough, I wish I had a few more weeks. I know that I am not the stay at home kind of girl... but when I look at Miles fighting sleep with all of his might, I smile and get sad at the thought of possibly missing some of his firsts while at work.

I plan on making sure that my mother has my flip-camera ready at all times just in case he starts speaking in sentences at 2 months, lol. I am also planning to teach her how to text when she comes over tomorrow. That should be interesting. She is very tech UNsaavy! I know that if I can text her during the day, it will make it easier for me to not worry about leaving.

On a fun note, B bought me a series of three massages for our anniversary, and I am getting #1 tomorrow! Woot! I know it will be awesome... plus, my mom is going to watch Miles on Friday night so that Barry and I can go out for dinner and drinks with some friends. I'm really looking forward to it. We haven't been out drinking in forever, b/c if I wasn't pregnant, I was shooting up with fertility meds which didn't exactly mix well with booze.

Man, of man, I am looking forward to Friday. I see an amaretto sour (or 6) in my future!

1 comment:

Me said...

Email me your address and I'll send you those patches.