Monday, June 16, 2008

Only 12 more weeks or so...

until Barry's battalion packs up and gets the hell outta Dodge, er, well, Iraq. Our visit was wonderful. It was so nice to have us time even if it was peppered with sadness from his father's illness. We spent every other day at his parents house... and then did something fun or relaxing the other days. We ate at every restaurant in NWA, lol. I'm not really joking.

Barry's father is at home with Hospice care, and he continues to have his good days and bad. I am worried that he will pass and Barry will not get to be here form his funeral. Barry said his goodbye while he was here, but it still weighs heavily on my mind.


On the TTC front, My first round of inject was a breeze. My body was very slow to react, but now we have a much better idea of what to do when we have the next round. I feel that this was a test run, so I have very little hopes of getting that elusive BFP... but I guess stranger things have happened, right?

Who knows maybe Barry will come home to a preggo belly. I can hope, can't I??

Until next time!

6 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

I can't wait to see some little sarcastic Campbell's Soup kids running around.

I'm glad you had some fun and relaxing time together during the grief of the situation. He'll be home before you know it.

Adrianne said...

I'm glad you & Barry were able to spend some time together, but I am sorry for the circumstances that brought about this visit.

I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts! I hope the next 12 wks pass quickly!

Candice said...

((hugs))

I'm glad you had the time with Barry. Hopefully, you'll have a little Boomer soon!

Kara said...

I'm so glad that he was able to come home for a little bit. I can understand that, while it is good that he was able to say goodbye to his father, you still wish he could be here for the funeral if that happens.

Don't speak too soon, lady! You don't know if it is a BFP or not yet! I'm hoping for the best. Taht would be the best welcome home gift ever for Barry!

XoXo

Thoughtful said...

I hope to see a "little Boomer" running around in 9 months or so (ok, actual running... make that 1 year and 9 months from now).

12 weeks will pass before you know it and Barry will be home for good!

Me said...

Hope is what keeps us going. Don't stop doing that!