Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bittersweet Visit

For those of you who I haven't gotten around to telling... Barry will be coming home today for approximately 2 weeks. I am very happy to see him but saddened by the reason for his visit.

Barry's father is gravely ill and will not be with us much longer. He is currently at his home with hospice care. Hospice is administering pain management only at this time. He has not eaten for days, and refuses any type of help with nutrition.

Please say a prayer that Barry will be home in time to talk with his father before he passes.

I'l be gone for a few days from here, but will update soon.

6 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Both of you, and his family are in my thoughts during this time. I'm so sorry that he's coming home under these circumstances. Savor what you can of your time together -- hopefully it will help the rest of his deployment go by more quickly.

((hugs))

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thoughtful said...

((HUGS))

Hopefully Barry will get his hardship and be able to stay the whole time. The entire family will be in my thoughts!

((HUGS))

~Shari~ said...

My thoughts and prayers are wtih you and your family. {{{Hugs}}}

Flying Monkeys said...

I'm sorry he's coming home under these circumstances but I'm happy for you that you will have this time together.
Mmm...and I have personal space issues so no hugs. ;) I lurve you.

Adrianne said...

I'll be thinking of all of you.

((hugs))