Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday night...

and I'm blogging. My life is sad. Is it October, yet?? Speaking of my hubby, he called a few minutes ago. It was odd b/c he never calls me on a Friday night, I was surprised... and damn thankful that I had my phone on me and not in my purse, on vibrate, which is the usual.

Anyhoo, he and I talked for a while and it was so clear and "normal" that it was almost like he was on his way home from work. Usually, the connection sucks, I can hear other soldiers in the background and he is really rushed to get back to the grind. Tonight was none of the above. He actually brought up the IVF stuff. It was such a relief b/c up until this point, it has always been me initiating that part of our convo's and I can't help but feel as if I have a little naysayer on my shoulder reminding me to question his want for the next step.

Tonight he basically said that he is doing everything in his power to get leave so that we can possibly get started before school starts back. Once they hear about "planned" leave... if he is on the no-go list, he plans to talk to the chaplain and explain our situation. I was very touched, happy, humbled, thankful, and overjoyed that he is finally showing me that he is just as much on board as I am. I jokingly told him that my want for his biological child was really putting a kink in my plans. Good thing he thinks I'm funny.

He sends many thanks to ALL who have sent care packages... he especially enjoys the iDog.

2 comments:

Thoughtful said...

Here's hoping he gets that leave!

Flying Monkeys said...

I hope he gets leave too. It's nice that he's bringing the IVF up. I think it's hard for guys to talk about it sometimes. I wonder if part of it is that because they want to make things right for us and protect us from hurt, with IF they can't do that. But I'm a weirdo so what do I know.