Tuesday, July 29, 2008

69...

Days to go. That is the countdown for Barry's flight out of hell. I mean, Iraq. This date is the only one that has been uttered for more than a week, so I'm sticking with it until it changes, lmao. The last two months always seems to fly by, which is fab. I start back to work on the 11th, so that makes the days go by faster, as well.

I just booked Barry's surprise 35th birthday trip. (The good thing about him being in Iraq is that I know he doesn't read my blog!) We will be spending a week in New Orleans! He has wanted to go foreveah... and I've always put him off b/c I have been. Anyway, I decided that his birthday is as good of a day as any!! I plan to wrap the itinerary and that will be his present.

My mom will keep the mutts, a good friend will house sit... so other than planning a few "tours", we are all set. We are going to have dinner at Emeril's one night... yum! We plan to do a vampire/ghost tour, a few cemetery tours, maybe a swamp tour, and hopefully, a plantation tour.


Any other "must do's"??? This will be my first trip since Katrina, so I am interested to see the changes! Woo Hoo.. VACATION. It's 4 months away!!

4 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

Are you bringing your own beads? I know it's not the right timing but you can make your own. When in Rome...
Have a great time, I hope they don't change the date again.

Adrianne said...

Just make sure you don't hit Bourbon St on a Saturday around the time of a game at the Superdome! We made that mistake last yr, & I thought we would never get out of there!
I hope your new coming home date sticks!

*~The Mommy~* said...

Beads, check.

Staying far away fromthe Superdome on game day, Check.

That's unless hubby talks me into getting tickets.

Thoughtful said...

Just wanted to say that I hope you have fun. I've never been so I can't offer things for you to do.