Monday, July 28, 2008

Bad Things Happen In Threes...

Right?

#1. So some jackass decided to use their entire body weight while opening the car door into MINE. Good grief, WTF? I was parked in a handicapped spot b/c of my mother. Those spaces are what 15 feet wide?? Any idiot could park far enough away to keep from hitting me, but nope. I have a nice big dent in the passenger side front door. It's obnoxious, but not bad enough to deal with insurance. I'm pissed.

#2, So we had big winds from the storm last weekend. I head a weird boom outside, but didn't think anything of it. Needless to say, when my neighbor rang my doorbell and asked if I had looked at my lawn, I panicked. I about died when I saw that the weird noise was my maple tree splitting in half! Holy shit, are you kidding me? The neighbors with the Bradford Pear Trees... the dumbest tree in America, no problem. Me, 10 year old maple, snapped like a twig. This past week, I spent writing check to everyone and their brother's dog to remove the stump, haul the tree, replace and plant a new tree. If this one breaks, I plan to pour cement over my entire yard and just throw some plastic flowers in for looks.

#3, I'm pretty sure that my washer is dying a slow death. It has been talking to me in squeals and groans for over a week. I refuse to replace it until the bitch sucks in her last breath. I am hoping that this will hold off until Barry gets home in October. If not I may have one hell of a dry cleaning/laundry bill.

4 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Astroturf, not concrete! And I'll help with the plastic flowers. I've got mad skills. :D

Me said...

Actually a maple in our back yard that was probably 15 or 20 years old fell during the storms last week too.

I recommend replacing it with an Oak as they're harder/more durable. Also maples are pretty invasive.

Sock Monkey said...

I have a bradford pear. And I'm not stupid. I totally agree with Mandy, however, go astroturf. It would make the neighbors jealous. True story.

Plant Girl said...

2 votes for astroturf!