Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Cat...

is going to either put me in the poor house or make MY hair fall out. He has started licking himself so much that he is removing the fur in large spots and then continuing to lick until he has raw, open sores We have changed NOTHING in his environment.... he has just became OCD about his constant licking.

We've taken him to the vet and he suggested triple antibiotic ointment... which apparently is ecstacy for cats b/c he won't quit licking it off.

We bought and made him wear a t-shirt. He stopped licking his neck and made a new sore on each knee. WTF?

My mom is sewing him a pantsuit, lmao... hoping to cover the sores till they heal. Right now he has on an Elizabethan collar and it's working on parts, but not all of his sores. We're going to have to get a bigger one. If the collar doesn't work and I don't see marked improvement this week, he's going to the pound. JUST KIDDING... but I will be taking him back to the vet.

Anyone have any other suggestions?? Seriously, I'm going to have a cat in a turtle neck, long sleeved, onesie pantsuit next week if necessary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL
sorry that was just a very funny description
the only thought I have is boredom...a new toy maybe a new kitty friend *shrug*

I am sorry though that poor kitty is having such a hard time