Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I think naptime...

should be mandatory, even for adults. I don't know why, but I am always tired. I know that part of it is b/c I toss and turn and have a hard time getting to sleep. Once I fall asleep, I am easily awakened. I also have a cat that thinks he will die at precisely 6:15 if he is not given soft food. This was endearing for about 2 days, now, not so much. I'm hoping that once Barry returns and I get back into our normal routine, my energy levels will rise and I will sleep more soundly at night. It really is amazing how quickly I adapted to sleeping with him after we got married, but how horribly I have adapted to his absence. The good news... we are under one month until his hiney is back on US soil. He's excited, I'm excited, we're all excited:)

The new plan, (which will undoubtedly change) is that after their long-ass homecoming thank-you ceremony, the guys that live far, far away from Oklahoma City will be given a flight back to their hometown. That would be AWESOME b/c the airport is 10 minutes from home. OKC is 5 hours. That would also mean that I would miss less work, which would be nice considering that my days are like gold until I can build up another cushion. Missing 45 work days in one year is really hard on the sick leave cushion... no, nix that, it DEPLETES that cushion and puts your 20 days in the hole. I will literally be paying the days back 3 a year for the next 7 years. Lovely. What a wonderful reminder of the gross incompetence of my doctors.

No comments: