Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's the little things...

I am so excited about my newest Halloween yard decoration. If you have ever met me, or have driven past my house during the month of October, you already know that I am a Halloween freak. I have at least 5 times the decorations for Halloween than I have for Christmas. Yes, I know, it's a bit weird.

I also have a weird obsession with the huge blow-up decorations. It's unhealthy. I want them all. I have a mama spider, a baby spider, a cat with a Merlin cap, a crystal ball with dancing ghosts, a big scary witch with bats flying around.... pumpkins, gourds, hay, skeletons, spiders, eeeeek!

Anyway, I was in Sam's club and they have their Halloween decorations out. ( I love them for that very reason). I am now the proud owner of a 10 ft long cemetery blow-up. It comes complete with lights, music and animations. The spider's prey spins around, the skeleton's eyes light up... it's makes a scary path to my front door. I am so in love with it... it has been in my living room for over a week b/c I like to look at the box and imagine it blown up into it's full glory. Yes, I am sad.

We won yard of the month last October... we deserved it the year before, but I digress. We won September of that year, so the buttholes wouldn't give it to us on the IMPORTANT month of October. Seriously, who needs September? Not me.

I start putting out Halloween decorations on October 1st. I am dying to start earlier this year, but the neighbors might put me in the looney bin.

I will take pictures and post them. You will be jealous. Oh yeah, I also bought new sheets... one side of the pillow says "trick" and the other side says, "treat". Do you think it would be odd to use them year-round??

3 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Good lawd, woman! How big is your yard??

;)

KarenMM said...

Yay for Halloween decorations. I'm so not creative when it comes to that stuff. I can't wait to see the pics, though!

And I agree with plant girl... how big is your yard?

Me said...

We have WAY more Halloween decorations than we do X-mas decorations! :D