Sunday, August 24, 2008

My new Knife Sharpener works...

on my knives but apparently not on my brain. I sharpened all of my formerly dull knives and then preceded to use them with the additional force necessary for the dull.. not newly sharpened, knives. I still have 10 fingers, but one is mangled. Maybe I will stick with dull knives in the future. I also managed to ruin some perfectly good zucchini in the blood bath that followed. I'm pissed. Thankfully, mom also gave my fresh squash and it was not yet cut when I decided to add my own special ingredient to the saute pan.

On another note, Barry called late last week and told me that they have the connex packed with all of the extra crap! That's the first step in coming back home! He was really excited. He also thinks that instead of the full week of demobilization, it will hopefully only be 3-4 days, b/c they are doing some prep work in country instead of waiting until they are back in the states. So, give or take a day... we are down to 43 days before he gets on a happy plane out of Kuwait!

Happy Dance, yep... I'm doin' it.

3 comments:

Sock Monkey said...

At home surgery is NEVER the answer!

I am so happy to hear that the Barry is going to be home soon!!! (now I'd better get working!)

Thoughtful said...

Sorry about your finger.

Yay for Barry being home in about a month!

Kara said...

Yeah...I'm not too sure that you were supposed to do that to yourself. Dork. :o)

Woo hoo! I'm so excited for Barry to be home!