Monday, August 18, 2008

And it begins....

I did not win a pallet of sod. I did not win a steak dinner. I did not win anything. I did not eat a McMuffin, b/c the fuckers were too cheap to provide those this year. I was only offered a sausage biscuit, or a sausage cheese biscuit. I chose the latter and it was gross. I guess when McD's has to get over a thousand of those suckers ready all at the same time, the quality isn't much of an issue. Maybe next year.


Okay, on to the real reason for this blog.... obnoxious people with made-up titles. Yes, these are the people who feel that they can tell me how to do my job. Never mind that they have no idea what SLP stands for, who cares if they think speech therapy is for "teachin' people to talk good", who cares if they are not the ones with a SIX year degree in my specialty field... these people are obviously more qualified than I am to decide on what is best for the students in my building.

I have decided to listen to the crap and not do any of it. I figure unless they come over and do it, it won't be done... and when said person decides to break the law by following these asinine rules, I will not lose my license because of the mess. I am now only meeting with them with an administrator, b/c I don't want to deal with a "he said, she said" BS that is bound to come when I grow the balls to file a complaint.

I'm not sure who told the powers that be that I am a follower... but I'm betting that the powers that be will double check their sources next time.

I will NOT agree to do things that I find unethical. If that means that every document in my building is signed by someone else, then so be it. I am a wonderful therapist. I take pride in my job and I love working with the children. It will be a cold day in hell when someone who is my equal decides that they are my boss.

Let the documentation begin.... I'll look great in court.

No comments: