Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to the grind..

and it stinks! Well, it's not going to kill me, but I might suffer. The first couple of days back at work have been boring, run of the mill, in-service days. That means that I have been sitting in the back and working on scheduling instead. It usually takes me over a week to get an even close-to-finalized schedule. Each year, I swear, the state makes it more and more difficult to pull kids for this much needed services... so I have to rearrange the solar system to get everything aligned. It is stressful, blech!





Tomorrow is the big day... Chamber of Commerce breakfast. It's where the COC brings all of the teachers in the district... (that's about a billion... seriously, try to find parking and you may think I UNDERestimated the number of cars), to the convention center to tell us that the children are our future, we are the best in the state, they are proud to be a part of the team, we make dreams come true, and so on. The best part is that they provide breakfast... are you ready for this??? Don't be jealous, everyone gets a free egg McMuffin. yep. Oh, and a child sized juice. It's fab. My favorite part is how the district touts the breakfast as a banquet of sorts, and everyone talks about it like we are going to a king's feast... only to be handed a McMuffin. My first year, being as that I was misled, I did not eat before going. Was I ever pissed when I realized that unless I wanted to eat a fellow co-worker, I was going to starve before we were released. I guess it is all worth the time and annoyance (of listening to the speakers), to get entered into the drawing of lots of fabulous prizes. They give away everything from golf passes, to chili's gift cards, to sod (yep... an entire pallet of sod, wtf?... and the most coveted gift... a case of wine. I cross my fingers every year when they are drawing for that one, but I have yet to win. Anything. Oh well, it could be worse, last year, my vegetarian co-worker won a steak dinner from Ryan's Steakhouse and Buffet. BARF. She couldn't give it away. I'll report back on the juicy goodness of my McMuffin... and on the winner of the sod.



If Barry's homecoming could coincide with the deliciousness of the McMuffin... I'd be knocked up for sure. DANG!

3 comments:

Plant Girl said...

LMAO about the pallet of sod and the McMuffin. They certainly do go all out.

Goodluck with the raffle. I'll cross my fingers you finally wine that case of wine. It isn't wine in a box, is it? ;)

Flying Monkeys said...

I bet you could stick that sucker on the counter and it will still be good when he gets home.

Hey I tagged you, the details are on my blog.

Annie said...

Damnit, Jess beat me to the tagging.