Thursday, March 20, 2008

Gripe(s) of the Day.

You know.... I miss my DH! Deployments suck. I know that part of signing up means that at somepoint you will be called for duty. HOWEVER!!!!!! If you are National Guard, you sign up to protect THE U.S. !!! Not to fight foreign war... not to wipe Dubya's ass, not to sleep in the flipping desert in a overcrowded tent, not to babysit others who aren't smart enough to take care of themselves. He should be stateside. That is not opinion... it is fact. He did not sign up with the Marines, Navy, Army, etc... he is not a full-time active duty person and he shouldn't be doing his SECOND tour of duty.

Now, onto my second issue:

It's Thursday of spring break.... and instead of enjoying my time off, I get to drink pond scum and stay in the bathroom all day. Yep, lucky me, at the ripe old age of 27 has yet ANOTHER colonoscopy tomorrow. Nope, no history in my family, no reason other than I'm a lucky beotch. Every 18 months, yes, that is considered torture in most countries. As if my PCOS, tubal issues, weight issues, migraines and unwanted hair isn't enough! Let's add colorectal polyps in to make it a good mix. Geesh. My sisters are the picture of health. No weird endocrine issues, no fertility issues, not even money issues... apparently, I was the lucky recepient of all of the above.

So, today will be looong... but tomorrow will suck even more. Think of me when I'm getting intimate with a camera and a guy from India and a room full of nurses. Lucky me.

Until next time....

4 comments:

Me said...

"Think of me when I'm getting intimate with a camera and a guy from India and a room full of nurses."

I'm not sure if that vision makes me laugh or cringe. ;-)

*~The Mommy~* said...

Cringe, for sure.

KarenMM said...

Who doesn't think of you when they hear the words: intimate, camera and guy from India?

Good Luck today!

Annie said...

I hope it goes quickly, Vanessa. Maybe they will give you good enough drugs that you wont remember it :)