Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm just tired.

Tired of living the single life. Tired of trying to save money that isn't there. Tired of work. Tired of being tired all the time... and mostly just tired. I'm to the point of Barry's deployment that I have forgotten what it is like to wake up next to him. The smell of his cologne has faded. The dogs will no doubt bark at him and be confused when he gets home. This is the hardest part... knowing that the longest stretch is still to come. At first, the absence is new, I kind of enjoy getting caught up on all of the "me" time. I finish up odd projects, I start a few new hobbies, I still have a few random pieces of Barry just lying around... his shoes, work jacket, his favorite beer in the fridge... then it gets to now. I have put all of the laundry away, the beer was consumed by a visitor and his pillow is just that, a pillow. That makes me unbearably sad.

A year is a very small part of our life together, but it is almost too much to take. Is it October, yet?

8 comments:

Me said...

I can't imagine being apart from my husband for a while year. You are very strong.

Flying Monkeys said...

I'm so sorry honey. Saying I appreciate your sacrifices doesn't make them any easier.
I hope he doesn't have to go on another tour and you can live out the rest of your days wishing for just 5 minutes of me time, tripping over his shoes and going for beer runs.

KarenMM said...

((HUGS))

I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I hope the time starts to pass more quickly for you!

Annie said...

((((hugs))))

Shannon said...

I really couldn't imagine. You really are a strong person! Hugs to you.

~*~DawnSC~*~ said...

I'm so sorry you're having to live apart from your hubby. People often don't think of all the sacrifices that the families of folks in the military make.

You're a strong woman though. Hang in there, sista!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrianne said...

I can't even imagine Vanessa. I appreciate the sacrifice you & DH have made, thank you just doesn't seem like enough. I hope he comes home safely & time passes quickly for you both.