Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Work is stressful...

I'm so tired right now. I love my job... but the last nine weeks is 90% paperwork and conferences, 9% testing, and MAYBE 1% direct time with students. It bites. I have almost killed two different agencies for not having their ducks in a row. I hate it when other people make me look incompetent!
stupid

Anyway, I am a stress eater... not good. I don't want to put even an ounce of weight back on, but I find myself nibbling without even realizing it. So today, I bought baby carrots and celery in an attempt to have healthy, low-calorie food available to munch. Kudos to me. I also find that due to sheer exhaustion after dealing with idiots and assholes all day, I haven't been feeling like dragging myself to the gym like I should. I have been doing light cardio and some stability ball work, but not enough to truly count. I guess something is better than nothing, but still... I have got to get my ass back in gear. I train tomorrow... so that should help, then I plan on sitting down and making a schedule to at least every other day actually going to the gym. I am soooo ready for summer and the opening of the new, literally 3 miles away, SUPER gym. Ahhh... no work and water aerobics in a heated pool. What more could a girl want?? weight lift1

2 comments:

KarenMM said...

I have problems getting motivated to go to the gym as well. Once I'm actually there, I'm ok. But getting there is the problem.

But I do the same mindless eating. It doesn't help that I sit at a desk all day and can munch away. I now try and bring only healthy snacks as well. I hate raw carrots and celery, so I bring fat-free yogurt and pudding or other fruit.

Did you know that celery is an anti-calorie food? It burns more calories to digest the celery than the calories you take in by eating it?

Flying Monkeys said...

What? Lays can't count as a healthy snack? They're made with potatoes and they're crunchy. Shit!
Nice job in finding motivation where there is none sometimes. You're weight loss has been inspiring and in all seriousness, I think about how hard you've been working on the days I want to slack off on the exercise. Some days it works other days I look at the treadmill and then return to the couch. I'm a work in progress...slow road work type progress.